Wedding photographer prices
Wedding photography is not cheap especially if you want to hire a pro photographer for your wedding. Wedding photographer prices have risen by more than 200% in the past year only because of the latest trends. A new creative trend is a unique selling point for a photographer so couples have to pay a premium if they want to incorporate it in their wedding.
The simplest answer is that the budget for wedding photography should be 10% of your total budget. The problem is that some weddings costs $24,000 while some cost $6,000. On average a wedding in Canada costs $8,000 and how much does photography cost? Let’s see:
- Less than $700: When you are on a very tight budget then you have to settle for inexperience and semi-pro photographers in this budget. In this budget you will only get a handful of images that too not very well taken or edited.
- $700-1,500: In this budget you can hire someone new in the professional field. Someone who is willing to work at a low cost because they need to build their portfolio. Although he/she might be a professional but they will not spend a lot of time editing your photos to get the best out of them.
- $1,500-3000: This is the budget you should be looking to spend on your wedding photography. You can hire a solo professional photographer who will supply all the images and is able to work in different situations. He/she is reliable, talented, and hardworking and has a portfolio to back up his/her skills.
- $3000-4500: In this budget you can hire a team of a professional photographer along with a semi-pro assistant. The professional photographer usually takes all the photographs and the assistant works for less money just to build his/her portfolio. The photographer will give you all the images and may throw in some freebies such as engagement sessions.
- $4500-6500: If you want to get the best photographs then you have to spend this much to hire two professional photographers. They work hard and take pictures from different angles to bring more creativity in the shoot. They can also offer extras such photo albums or extra touching to images.
- $6500+: This is the ultimate budget for any wedding. In this budget you will get everything you dream of in wedding photography along with large prints and high-end albums often covered in genuine leather. The photographers are professional and work really well together or as solo. This is not everyone’s cup of tea but if you dream of the best wedding photographs then this is the price.
Wedding photographer prices mentioned above are what people from different classes usually spend. On average a couple spends $2000 on their wedding photography which is reasonable in terms of their total budget. Wedding photographing is booming with more entrants every day. Look for the best photographer in your area and try to negotiate the price with him/her. Photography is all about creativity, the more heart the photographer puts in his photographs the better they turn out to be.